Saturday, 11 February 2012

Fieldfares!

I've been throwing apples on the lawn for a few weeks now and the Blackbirds have been loving them, we've had up to ten at a time chasing each other round the garden. My big hope though was to see Fieldfares for the first time and for five of the last six days we have! On the morning they didn't show we had yet another first, a Redwing, no photos but I did shoot some video which I've yet to put together.

Thankfully the Fieldfares were back this morning allowing me to spend a couple of hours with them at the kitchen window.

Fieldfare

Fieldfare

Fieldfare

Fieldfare

Fieldfare

The garden is still alive with other birds too, such as House Sparrow, Blue Tit, Goldfinch, Chaffinch, Dunnock, Wren, Robin, Collared Dove, Woodpigeon, Starling, Bullfinch, Greenfinch and Jackdaw.

One thing we hadn't seen for a few weeks was a Sparrowhawk, that all changed this morning, more on that one next time.