Sunday, 12 February 2012

Moving Pictures!

I've tried and failed to make use of the video capabilities of my compact and DSLR, it all seems to come down to codecs, most of which my little netbook can't handle. Anyway, I spotted a Sony HandyCam going cheap a few weeks back, nothing flash with HD or anything but it does have 70x zoom and for getting me started it's proving to be an inspired purchase. What I love is that it's tiny and light as a feather, even tough a tripod is a must at that magnification it's still a great deal easier to carry about than the 50-500 lens.

This is my first attempt, a few clips taken though the kitchen window during this cold spell we've had, loaded straight into YouTube and edited in there. It's long job but a lot less painful than trying to edit it with a cocktail of editing software on the computer.



The stars in order of appearance are Redwing, Fieldfare, Blackbird, Woodpigeon, Blue Tit and Sparrowhawk. Spring is just around the corner, can't wait!